Old 18-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
mehulsoni2009
Novice

mehulsoni2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Leg FK

Hi guys,
Was looking up for tutorials for an IK FK leg setup on YouTube and i found this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m9XYkZiXEI .............one question i had was that while creating the FK controls for the leg why did the guy group the FK control and why did he freeze transforms of the control and not the group?
mehulsoni2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
arunmohandas
Novice

arunmohandas is on a distinguished road

Hai

For doing FK controls for the leg No need for grouping the fk controls you do one thing just add FK controls and give freeze and delete type by history And give orient constrain to hip knee ankle and toe and just paraent the toe con to ankle con. and ankle con to knee con. and knee con to hip con. so if you rotateing the hip control the hole leg will be moving this is the way i do fk control to legs......
arunmohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
arunmohandas
Novice

arunmohandas is on a distinguished road

Hai

For doing FK controls for the leg No need for grouping the fk controls you do one thing just add FK controls and give freeze and delete type by history And give orient constrain to hip knee ankle and toe and just paraent the toe con to ankle con. and ankle con to knee con. and knee con to hip con. so if you rotateing the hip control the hole leg will be moving this is the way i do fk control to legs......
arunmohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
premod
Novice

premod is on a distinguished road

u got that solution..??/

that group is the offset group..ok// that's because when the controlller directly parent to the joint the transform gets changed..so that's why they made an offsett group of that controller and they parent that group to the joint..so the transform values will affect on the group ...not the controls....so we can freeze the controll.....

ok...u got it..
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
mehulsoni2009
Novice

mehulsoni2009 is on a distinguished road

"that's because when the controlller directly parent to the joint the transform gets changed"

Transform values of the controller changes....right??

Thank you
Mehul Soni
mehulsoni2009 is offline   Reply With Quote