Go Back   cgTantra Forums > General > Education and Career Guidance

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
esha.patel
Fresher

esha.patel is on a distinguished road

We are all in the same boat I guess! I am not too sure if you guys will be annoyed since the question I am going to ask is not exactly related to this post but will try my luck anyway. Getting a job is difficult I understand, how about the freelance opportunities? How would one go around looking for freelance projects? I am sorry if i sound stupid but its a genuine question.
esha.patel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 01:36 AM   #22
K@RL
Fresher

K@RL is on a distinguished road

All we need is a chance there, on break to show what we are made of..so what if our reel is a bit off from the rest, maybe after making the reel we learnt something new and increased our skills, who iwll take a look at that only if they want experienced personel?...atleast i am passionate about animation and want to do nothing but that!!!
K@RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
krishv
Novice

krishv is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to krishv
Cool

It is never easy to make money 'consistently' doing freelance 3d works. I know a friend who owns a small company doing arch works but highly unstable due to the nature of this industry. I have heard people often talk about 3d art being only their secondary source of income. Working for food is different from working for passion. That is where the problem begins.
krishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #24
s.chinmay
Novice

s.chinmay is on a distinguished road

110% true. I am a fresher and searching for jobs. Each and every company wants experience. But they are not understanding where the hell are we going to get experience if no company allow us to join.
s.chinmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
orb3
Regular

orb3 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
CGTantra Community Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by esha.patel View Post
We are all in the same boat I guess! I am not too sure if you guys will be annoyed since the question I am going to ask is not exactly related to this post but will try my luck anyway. Getting a job is difficult I understand, how about the freelance opportunities? How would one go around looking for freelance projects? I am sorry if i sound stupid but its a genuine question.
ITs a genuine question. Nothing stupid about it.

Freelancing is a good idea but you need to have some exp. before you can start freelance work. In my opinion its better to same some yrs of exp under your belt before you go out looking for freelance jobs.

Who would give freelance job to an absolute fresher ? Maybe your close relatives, but not internationally. Compitition is tough.
orb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #26
ravichandra143
Novice

ravichandra143 is on a distinguished road

Its so frustrated when the companies only interested in experienced but not freshers. if the companies only needed experienced then the training institutes should let their students out with experience letters in their hand, after finishing their courses..
ravichandra143 is offline   Reply With Quote