Recently on the CG Tantra Forums Ive noticed a rise in abusive language especially in the challenge forums. I cant say its not allowed but i want to say a few things which i feel should be maintained in the forums. Im not saying these should be rules but at least for the respect of the forum and for the love of art please think about what i have to say here.
1) CG Tantra is an international platform to showcase your art and skill. We should use it as a base for ourselves and as a place for learning.
2) When you join a forum your not just you anymore... We cannot be just I, me and myself.
3) Respect what others say and think before you reply to a particular post.
4) There are a lot of new people who join the forums and dont know ow to use them, Instead of making fun of them why not try and help them understand the forum.
5) Please i repeat please dont use abusive language to reply to critics or comments. Ive seen posts where the replies are always taken in the wrong spirit.
6) A small point now, During the ArttWar challenge there were a lot of new user accounts created. Some people took a rather bad objection to it saying these are false IDs.
Ok maybe your right, but what if your wrong? What if few of these new IDs are Industry professionals or even lecturers from esteemed institutes.If you insult them by making some comments you may end up driving them out of the forums. This is bad considering we would loose their valuable comments and critics.
7) As i said earlier CG Tantra is an international platform, which means we obviously have direct access to international artists. We have seen that in the matte painting forum already. So this should be used as an opportunity to get acquainted with them and help them help us.
After All ART IS SOUL. By abusing art your abusing your soul.
Just my little bit guys.
These are a few points I had in mind as of now. Please feel free to add your suggestions and points if you have any.
Suraj S. Makhija